Electric Rotary Torque (ERT) System
Matherne Instrumentation’s Electric Rotary Torque (ERT) System for electric rigs is simple, accurate and reliable. Each system includes a Current Transducer and a Signal Conditioner. Other available components include an Amp Meter and an E/P Transducer.
The current transducer is clamped around the power cable that leads to the rig’s electric motor. This enables the transducer to sense the motor’s current, which is proportionate to that required by the rotary table, and transmits the signal to the signal conditioner, which converts this signal to an accurate reading on the electric meter.
- No moving parts that can wear out.
- Current transducer measuring electrical current to the motor clamps around DC power cables, no shunts or direct electrical connections required.
- Signal conditioner unit provides outputs to meters, recorders and other data acquisition devices.
- Multi-scaled meter provides readings for different gear selections.
- Meter capacity, in amps
- Meter measurement: amps, or amps vs. foot pounds (or metric equivalent)
- Classification of installation area
Download the Electric Rotary Torque ERT brochure PDF