Matherne Instrumentation’s Tru-Torque Indicator system is designed to give accurate readings of torque applied to the drilling string in true ft/lbs. The system works by installing compression load cells on opposite corners of the rotary table which measures its counter-rotational force. Each system is customized to the table and rig.
The system includes 8.5” indicator, bracket, hoses, compression load cells, slide plates, and mounting hardware.
Metric equivalents in Kg/m, N-m, DaN-m, and KP-m, and dual scale dial configurations are available.
- 8.5” dial face with colorful custom logos
- Provides an accurate measurement of rotary torque in ft-lbs. The system provides the driller with torque readings much as a conventional hydraulic idler rotary torque system does, but reading is delivered in true foot pounds instead of a relative indication.
- It is comprised of a 8-1/2” liquid filled gauge, bracket to mount gauge, (2) hose assemblies with disconnect sets, (2) compression type load cells, slide plates, and mounting hardware.
- Fluid-filled gauge includes (2) damper assemblies.
- Each system custom designed per application.
- Heavy-duty compression type load cells provide reliable, accurate measurements.
- System comes ready to use out of box, calibrated to accuracy rate of 2 percent of full scale capacity.
- The output signals may also be applied to a drilling recorder to record torque values for subsequent analysis.
- Contact Matherne Instrumentation for a Rotary Table Sizing Worksheet
Download the Tru-Torque Systems brochure PDF