Power Tong Systems
Matherne Instrumentation’s power tong system is designed to assure uniform and proper make-up of the string by indicating accurate torque applied to each joint when running pipe or casing.
The system can help reduce drill collar and tool joint failure resulting from improper make-up. The system includes 6” tong torque indicator with bracket, a standard 5 ft. hose, and a tension or compression load cell.
The convenient mounting design allows the gauge to be mounted in a driller’s console, in a weight indicator box, locally on the power tong, or stand alone.The 6” dial face is available with combination dual scales for added versatility.
- 6” dial face with colorful custom logos
- Standard capacities up to 120,000 ft/lbs
- Box mount or panel mount styles available
- Dual scales and metric equivalents in kg/m, N-m, DaN-m, and KPa-m are available
- Adjustable target pointer can be set to the desired capacity so the driller can work to a clear mark
- Loadcells available in tension or compression models to accommodate any tong design.
- Easily visible 6” dial face allows clear viewing from long distances
- Easily mounted in various locations: driller’s console, weight indicator box, on the tong, or stand alone
- Fluid filled indicator reduces shock, vibration, and corrosion
- Adjustable damper allows for smooth pointer movement under intense situations
- The tension cylinder includes a fully machined stainless steel piston rod that gives added protection against harsh saltwater environments, ensuring a long service life and minimum maintenance.
- Capacity of Indicator
- Handle Length of Tong
- Length of Hose
- Type of Loadcell
- Style of Indicator
Download the Power Tong Systems brochure PDF