Wireline Indicator Systems
Matherne Instrumentation’s wireline weight indicator systems are designed to provide accurate measurement of downhole tool weight during wireline operations and heel or floor block applications.
Ideal for use by wireline service trucks for measuring the amount of tension on wireline when logging tools, perforation guns, downhole explosives, or when survey tools are lowered or pulled out of the hole.
The system includes 6” wireline weight indicator with bracket, hose, and tension load cell or tension cylinder.
In heel or floor block applications, the tension loadcell is provided with two eyes: one at the top to attach to the floor block, while the other at the bottom to attach to the Christmas tree or derrick floor, forming a pull at 90°. The system is calibrated to this right angle pull. Accuracy will be slightly affected if this angle is not true, but the sensitivity is always maintained. The convenient mounting design allows the gauge to be mounted in the service truck, unit console, or stand alone.
- 6.44 tension load cell for capacities up to 3,000 lbs.
- 8.0 tension load cell for capacities up to 5,000 lbs.
- 6.53 tension cylinder for capacities up to 18,000 lbs.
- 16.1 tension load cell for capacities up to 20,000 lbs.
- Easy to read 6” dial face with colorful custom logos
- Integral damper assembly increases pointer sensitivity even with the smallest loads
- Standard capacities up to 10,000 lbs.
- Additional sizes and configurations available upon request to meet your specific needs
- Helps prevent the loss of valuable downhole tools
- Fluid filled indicator reduces shock, vibration, and corrosion
- Completely hydraulic, needs no outside power source
- Metric equivalents in Kg and DaN are available
- Lightweight aluminum tension load cell for easy portablility with systems up to 2,000 lbs.
- Rugged steel tension load cell or tension cylinder for heavier loads with systems above 2,000 lbs.
- This system is also rugged enough for other standard oilfield applications
- Capacity of Indicator
- Length of hose – 50, 75, and 100 ft. standard
Download the Wireline Indicator Systems brochure PDF